Surgical Anal Tampons are used as essential parts of post operative haemostasis. These tampons can absorb higher amount of blood when applied on wound affected area. This medical grade product can be discharged easily without causing pain. It is also used to achieve haemastosis in anorectal surgery. Surgical Anal Tampons are accessible with a specially designed opening for draining of flatus tube.Benefits / advantages
- Capable of absorbing blood of maximum 50 times more than its weight
- Promote pain free haemostasis
- Offered tampons can be soaked easily and these can be removed within 1 to 2 days of their application.
- These are useful for minimizing pains experienced after completion of surgery
- Application of these gelatin based products can eliminate the necessity of staying at hospital for around 4 days for rectal patients.
- Application of these products decreases the level of rectal bleeding rate.
- These also serve as carriers for medicines like thrombin, hemostat and antibiotics.
- Useful for applying on injured tissues from where bleeding is occurring
- Do not have adverse effect on healthy tissue
- Cannot be planted and can be resorbed
- Water insoluble
- Do not cause allergic reaction
- Have no adverse effect on immunity system of body
- Do not cause fever
- Free from toxic elements
- Can be used in dry or can be immersed in pharmaceutical grade solution
- Ability to prevent bleeding immediately
- Non adhesive quality of these products prevents their sticking to surgical instruments and gloves.
Surgical Anal Tampons have been produced from medical quality gelatin foam with neutral ph level. These are disposable quality and are sterilized in gamma rays. These are absorbable and are useful for haemostatic procedure purpose. Application of these products can be noticed during hemorrhoid operation and various other surgeries regarding rectal and anal parts. No special care is needed after discharging of these tampons as these can be released with stools.Parts where these can be used are as followed:
Procedure of its application
- Colorectal surgery
- Surgical procedure for rectal cancer
- For haemostasis, for insertion into rectum area post transrectal prostate needle biopsy
- Hysterectomy and curettage
- Annal fissures and fistula
- Rectal prolapse
- Dry anal tampons can be inserted after completion of surgery (rectal and anal) by using proctoscope.
- Dry gauge needs to be placed in rima natis. The buttocks need to be held together by using T bandage. The sponge can be dissolute with bacterial attack
- These are available with opening through which flatus tube can be inserted for drainage purpose.