Product Code : pro-putty-about
Brand Name : SURGISPON® PUTTY
âThe ï¬exible surgery assistant â
Quick and effective hemostasis for those hard to reach areas and from oozing spongy bone.
Surgispon® Putty can be effortlessly formed into any shape in accordance to the surgical site.
Surgispon® Putty aids in stopping bleeding within 2 minutes.
- Safe as well as natural
- Can be utilized dry and can also be mixed in a paste
- Offer easier application on irregular structures
- Made from pure pharmaceutical gelatin
- pH-neutral character â can be combined with drugs and antibiotics
- Effectively Stops bleeding
- Effortless handling
- Quick, complete resorption
- High patient comfort â can be left in situ
- Indicated for general use for capillary and arteriolar bleeding and venous
- No risk of encapsulation
- Completely bio-degraded within 4 weeks
- Surgispon® meets the highest standards. CE 0434, ISO 13485 & GMP certiï¬ed
- Surgispon®, a worldwide proven hemostatic material, offered by Aegis Lifesciences.
- Is exported into more than 40 countries.
- Surgispon® absorbable hemostatic sponges and powder are made of pharmaceutical gelatin. It is also utilized as effective drug carrier.
Surgispon® powder can be applied dry in powder form, or as a paste mixed with saline solution. Diverse consistencies and grades of viscosity can be achieved by varying the powder-to-ï¬uid ratio for effective use on irregular structures such as bone, and for ï¬lling any cavity or ï¬ssure as required.
The product's superior adaptability, effortless handling and flexibility have helped the surgeopns and operating room staff to a great extent. The putty can be easily applied by hand or with the help of a standard syringe to the areas which are hard to reach. It is an adhesive that do not cause bone dehiscence unlike conventional bone waxes when applied in sternotomy and craniotomy procedures.Why to Use?
Where to use
- As compared to other materials, it absorbs by platelet adhesion through surface contact, provides hemostasis in less than 2 minutes.
- Has the ability to absorb completely within 4 weeks, 2-5 days in mucous membrane.
- Absorbs completely without leaving any reside or encapsulation.
- Post mixing to required dilution, Surgispon® Putty can be formed into several shapes as a putty or instilled into those hard to get to crevices or sinuses. Putty conï¬guration maximizes adherence as well as stops venous and spongy bone oozing.
- Does not cause bone dehiscence like conventional bone waxes. Suitable for use on irregular structures such as bone and for ï¬lling in hard to reach areas such as ï¬ssures or cavities
- Flexibility â Diverse grades and consistencies of viscosity can be achieved by varying the âpowder/ï¬uid ratioâ
- It could be left in situ without any extra risk of bone infection or non- union of the sternum.
- Ideal for neurosurgery
- Can be utilized dry or soaked with physiological solution-ell adhering ability to the bleeding site
How to use
- In sternotomy and craniotomy procedures- It is ideal for irregular structures such as bone and for ï¬lling areas which are hard to reach such as ï¬ssures or cavities to control arteriolar as well as venous bleeding.
- The Gelatin Sponge Powder can be mixed and spread with the aid of digital pressure on the sternal section surfaces, instantly after sternotomy and at the end of operation, before the close-up of chest.
- Application of Gelatin Sponge Powder helps in the control of peridural bleeding in the interior of sphenoid sinus.
- Can be applied dry or soaked with sterile physiological solution or with antibiotics.
- Take an open container, add 3-4 ml of sterile saline or thrombin to container, reattach lid and shake until a doughy paste is formed.
- Adjustment of Consistency can be done by adding less or more ï¬uid. In orderb to make paste add 4-5 ml and for mousse add 6-7 ml.
- Surgispon® Putty can be easily applied by hand or with a standard syringe to hard to reach areas.
- Apply to bleeding site and where possible give light pressure with wet gauze for approx 1.5 minutes. Extension can be utilized for areas that are hard to reach.
- The excess product should be removed once the bleeding stops.