Surgical Putty is considered as essential part of surgeries for its high flexibility.
It acts as reliable haemostasis solution for hard to access body parts and also from bleeding bones. Being flexible, it can be shaped into any form as per affected area.
Application of this putty prevents bleeding within 120 seconds of its application.
- Safe to use and has natural content
- Suitable to be used in dry condition and it can be combined in paste
- Can be applied on uneven surface
- Developed from standard grade pharmaceutical gelatine
- Neutral ph level and it can be used along with other medicines, antibiotics
- Stops bleeding immediately
- Easy to handle
- Fast absorption process
- Does not affect comfort level of patient and can be left on applied area
- Recommended for bleeding of venous, arteriolar and capillary vessels
- Free from adverse effect
- Standard of this product conforms to ISO 13485, CE 0434 and GMP.
- Produced from haemostatic materials having global standard, procured from Aegis Life sciences
- Have export market in above 40 countries
- Made of pharmaceutical grade gelatine, useful to be used as drug carrier
Surgispon powder can be utilize either by mixing with saline solution or can be used in its dry form. Different viscosity levels can be achieved by combining its powder with solution for filling of cavity, for treating disorder of bone and also for handling fissure.
High flexibility, ease of managing and non toxic quality have made it ideal for surgeons and medical staff. It can be applied either manually or by syringe to hard to access area of body. Its adhesive content does not cause loss of alveolar bone just like ordinarily used bone waxes used during craniotomy and sternotomy processes.
Importance of its application
- Unlike other materials, it platelet adhesion is executed through contact or surface area in order to achieve haemostasis in less than 120 seconds.
- Can absorb within 1 month of application, requires 2-5days in mucous membrane
- Totally absorbs sans leaving residue substance
- By combining it with solvents, this putty can be shaped in desired form so that it can be inserted in the cavity. Application of this putty immediately stops bleeding from bone and venous blood vessels.
- Applied putty can be left on affected area and it does not cause any infection in bone or does not lead to non-union of sternum.
- Suitable for neurosurgery
- Can be used in soaked or dry form
- For craniotomy and sternotomy procedures, this putty is applied on bone and also on hard to access filling area like cavity or fissure to prevent venous or arteriolar bleeding.
- Gelatin Sponge Powder can be combines and can be applied by using digital pressure on the surface of sterna section, immediately after stermotomy and also after completion of surgery but prior to close up of chest.
- Offered sponge powder is effective in preventing epidural bleeding inside sphenoid sinus.
Procedure of its using
- Suitable to be used in drenched in antibiotics or in sterilized physiological solution or can be used in dry form
- Thrombin or sterile saline needs to be added in any empty container in 3 ml to 4 ml quantity. Apply the cap and jerk the container until the inside substance turns into paste.
- One can add fluid to adjust consistency of the paste. To do so, one can add mousse in 6 ml to 7 ml quantity.
- Offered putty can be manually applied or can be applied by syringe.
- Apply it on area where bleeding is occurring and compress the area with wet gauge for around 1.5 minutes.
- Additional putty needs to be eliminated after stopping of bleeding.